Monday, September 12, 2011

Being crafty





But apparently none of my sewing needles are slim enough to fit through the small glass seed beads. :( I'll also be making Shiba heads, but figured I'd start with something easy.

Also, Craigslist is amazing, in case people didn't already know. I decided to browse for a drafting table to see what was out there, and I came across one someone was selling for :20bux:. Apparently the guy's son had used it as a desk for projects involving, but not limited to, epoxy, markers, pencils, paint, scissors, exacto knives, burning tools, ink, super glue, regular glue, Scotch tape, masking tape and Bob the Builder stickers.




Needless to say, it was a little bit of a mess. But for $20, I wasn't about to let it get away. So with a little bit of elbow grease, a straight razor, and a DVD of PGSM, I set off to work. Once it was cleaned up, I managed to find the damage to be fairly minimal and concentrated on the bottom center left edge. I might decide to go in and sand down the top and fill it in with some wood putty, but for now, I think it'll do the job.


Now I just need our bigger apartment so I have a place to put the damn thing...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...