Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like...well, you know...

Thanksgiving is over and my friend's birthday has passed which means it's time to start decorating for Christmas!



This is the first time I've ever had a fireplace, so of course I've been over the moon with trying to decorate. If you haven't guessed, my thing for Christmas decorating is snowflakes. I just love the look of ice, lights, and the intricate designs, something that just screams winter to the Southern California girl in me that grew up with 70 degree Christmases. I think the only thing that would make our mantle complete would be a little Santa hat for Teddy over there on the left.



These are my pride and joy. Swarovski crystal snowflakes. Unfortunately, I only have 4 out of the 21, but my mom supposedly has two more hiding somewhere in her Christmas closet. They're like Pokemon, I have got to catch them all in all their sparkling glory. eBay is definitely my best friend for years past.



Foxes are also an obvious traditional yearly ornament I collect. These in particular are from the past three years, all from Anthropologie, quite possibly my favorite store of all time. It all started with the green fox painted in paisley (uh...duh?), followed by the white ceramic fox. This year their fox ornament doesn't have any sort of paisley or damask, but I'll take a felted one any day.

I've still got to set up my tree, but that is next on the agenda for this weekend.


What are y'all's festivus decorating traditions? Is there anything you collect or deck the halls with in a theme, or is it just balls to the wall holiday?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...