Monday, December 12, 2011

Yeah, still not fixed...

Man it's been so busy around the place, trying to catch up on work, nursing Balthazar back to health, training for our WDW marathon, getting my foster dog adopted, and trying to find a temporary full time gig to help pay bills and sock away savings until we ship off for grad school (wherever that may be) among other things that seem to be crashing down around me at the moment. So of course I go shopping for secret santa gifts for an Internet stranger's pets and pick up a new book to read.



I bought the trilogy on my nook a while back but haven't had a chance to read it, thanks to my already super long list of books to read (and several I'm still technically in the middle of.) So far, I'm really enjoying it, even if I am behind on the times since everyone and their mom seem to be talking about Ready Player One right now. But so far it hasn't disappointed in reminding me of Battle Royale, just written better. I understand we lose things culturally and in translations, but I doubt the original Japanese was written that much better, though it was an enjoyable read nonetheless. I haven't gotten very far into the first book, but I'm hoping to finish by Christmas (read: have the time to be able to finish by Christmas...) I suppose I do have until the, what, Spring to finish the first one? My friend demanded it of me while we watched the preview at the movies the other night. (by the way, Breaking Dawn was delightfully worse than we could have imagined. We knew it would be bad, I am not ashamed to admit I enjoyed reading all the books more than once and we have fun riffing in the theaters, but we rolled in the aisles for this one.)

Do the few people who browse my little corner of the interwebs have any good books they're into lately?






Sorry about the !effort posts lately, the bug my computer has is kind of a bitch to remove and I've just not had the time to deal with it with my full attention like I should. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...